Saturday, June 16, 2018

LIS 568, Week 3

I feel that using Twitter in the library would be a great tool for teaching students about digital citizenship.  I've been using Twitter for 2 years with my high school baseball team.  I can communicate everything that's pertinent to our team through Twitter.  I can even send individual messages, which I learned to do this past season.  I feel that using Twitter as early in middle school would greatly benefit students.  We can have a Twitter account for each class.  Assignments and ideas could be shared throughout the school year.  Once the teacher feels each class is comfortable with Tweeting, the classes can share ideas through Twitter and comment.  This would be a good exercise for the students to learn how to properly manage their digital citizenship.  The earlier they learn proper online etiquette, the better it will be for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment