Sunday, July 1, 2018

LIS 568 Week 5

I laughed when I read Susan's post on how people really can't multitask.  My wife has been telling me for years that she can multitask and always points it out when she feels she's succeeding at it.  Well I forwarded the article that proves multitasking isn't possible and it will be interesting to see what she tells me about it.  😁

I then searched on Google for ways to help keep focused on a task.  I came across  https://www.focusboosterapp.com/  and was impressed.  It's an app that can be installed on any device.  It makes you stay on a task for 25 minutes and then an alarm goes off.  It then gives you a 5 minute break.  I feel that allotted time is substantial enough to get a good chuck of a task completed.  The 5 minute break then allows you to check your email or texts or whatever else a person constantly checks.  I feel this app can be helpful in the classroom for students working on a chrome book or any device in the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment