Sunday, August 5, 2018

LIS 568 Week 10

The thought of having emerging technologies in the classroom does not excite me the way it might others.  I guess it has something to do with the type of person I am and what I've seen over the past 2 years of being a substitute teacher in 2 suburban public school districts of Buffalo, NY.  While I enjoy both of these school districts, I am aware that the school districts struggle to come up with funds to help pay for technology advancements.  I have seen how they pack in 28 kids into 1 classroom for their "computer special" once a week.  I've also seen how one class was unable to use chromebooks because another class were using the chromebooks that are shared throughout the grade level.  These are real issues to think about when trying to come up with ways VR can help further education in the library.  How can a district that has had to cut teacher jobs over the past few years justify spending money on VR equipment in their school?  Well here is a way to help start the fund raising and have it professionally done:

  https://www.givergy.com/us/fundraise/fundraising-events/?gclid=CjwKCAjwwJrbBRAoEiwAGA1B_bQigJ3k6INILQGRgZMlRO2jqva1ZUGo6gEe6NKL6H82sMNfQ_y9HBoC0w8QAvD_BwE

No comments:

Post a Comment